barbershop.jpg

Perhaps the oldest continuing business on Main Street is the barber shop (now Mur Les Salon). The building was build in 1921 by Dr. John P. Brown and has housed a barber shop continuously since then. This photo, made in the late 1920’s, shows a five-man shop. The owner at that time was Sandy McCormick, pictured beside the very back chair. The other barbers are (back to front) Red Huggins, Raymond Sessoms, unknown and John Musselwhite, father of current owner David Musselwhite who made the photo available.

Comments are closed.